I was in the market for a new roll of canvas not too long ago, having painted on various types previously, I decided to try an oil primed linen. After months of research and pestering other artists, I settled on a Fredrix single primed roll 54'x 6 yds. Unfortunately I found the absorption rate to be exceedingly high and noticed quite a bit of debris on my person from merely handling the product prior to stretching. After speaking with Paul from Tara I learned this was due to a bonding issue concerning their primer recipe in that "specific batch". To combat this issue I gave it a coat of oil primer from Williamsburg and began work on the little gem below. I have since sent the product back and have taken up the hunt once more for an oil primed linen. Wish me luck!
Apple & Avocado Study
10x8 Oil on linen